Manorhouse School of Upholstery
Classes are currently suspended due to Covid 19.
We will run classes again when it is safe to do so. The next block of classes is due to begin w/c April 20th - bookings are possible through the Book Now link on this site.
At Manorhouse we do two things: - teach upholstery and teach sewing
Based in Almondbury just outside Huddersfield our weekly schedule of morning, afternoon and evening upholstery courses and soft furnishing courses allow you to develop your skills in our bright and spacious workshop and in a friendly environment. Students learn modern and traditional upholstery techniques at all levels so there is something for everyone. Local shops in Almondbury village provide a variety of opportunities to buy lunch or browse for gifts and essentials.
Our "Make a Footstool in a day" course runs on Saturdays and is a fantastic introduction to upholstery. The day is very "hands on" and will lead to a completed footstool in 6 hours, ready to take home and use.
- View details of Upholstery course Monday pm 6.00 - 8.30
- View details of Upholstery course Tuesday am 9.30 - 12.00;
- View details of Upholstery course Tuesday pm 1.30 - 4.00;
- View details of Upholstery course Tuesday pm 6.00 - 8:30;
- View details of Upholstery course Wednesday am 9.30 - 12.00;
- View details of Upholstery course Wednesday pm 1.30 - 4.00
- View details of One-day weekend footstool courses
Finding Manorhouse is quite easy – driving down Thorpe Lane from Almondbury village we are the first turn on the right approximately 100 yards down Thorpe Lane. The sign is for Thorpe Grange Gardens and immediately on the left is a driveway with a high stone wall on the left and a low stone wall with iron railings on the right. This short driveway leads to two gates. Drive through the entrance and Manorhouse is the first single storey building on the left. Copy and paste these coordinates into Bing or Google maps to find us 53.634019, -1.746241