Daytime and evening upholstery courses.
We offer a range of daytime and evening upholstery courses for all skill levels, from upholstery for beginners, to advanced upholstery; including our popular one day "Make a Footstool" course, and our new Modern Upholstery course which includes everything needed for you to set up your own upholstery business or simply begin making smaller items of furniture and soft furnishings.
The experience at Manorhouse is quite special and very personal. Classes are taught by people with experience, empathy and a passion for their craft. We want people to enjoy the whole experience - either a one day footstool course or the longer 12 week classes. The feedback we receive and the number or people who transition from a one day course to weekly classes suggests we are "getting it right", but we are always happy to receive feedback.
The September 12 week classes began w/c 13th September and will end w/c 6th December. There will be a break for half term w/c 25th October. These are not available to book online at the moment so please enquire via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Modern upholstery course - 12 days over 12 weeks from January 6th 2022
- Upholstery taster day - Thursday by arrangement
- FULL Monday Morning Upholstery Course 9:30 - 12:00 | Beginning September 13th 2021 - 12 weeks £300
- FULL Monday Afternoon Upholstery Course 1:30 - 4:00 | Beginning September 13th 2021 - 12 weeks £300
- Monday Evening Upholstery Course 6:00 - 8:30 | Beginning September 13th 2021 - 12 weeks £300
- FULL Tuesday Morning Upholstery Course 9:30 - 12:00 | Beginning September 14th 2021 -12 weeks £300
- Tuesday Afternoon Upholstery Course 1:30 - 4:00 | Beginning September 14th 2021- 12 weeks £300
- Tuesday Evening Upholstery Course 6:00 - 8:30 | Beginning September 14th 2021 - 12 weeks £300
- Wednesday Morning Upholstery Course 9:30 - 12:00 | Beginning September 15th 2021 -12 weeks £300
- FULL Wednesday Afternoon Upholstery Course 1:30 - 4:00 | Beginning September 15th 2021 - 12 weeks £300
- FULL Wednesday Evening Upholstery Course 6.00 - 8.30 | Beginning September 15th 2021 - 12 weeks £300
- Saturday Footstool Course - 1 day £145 new dates for January and February available.
The content and style of learning is the same on all recreational upholstery training courses so all you have to do is choose the day and time that is most suitable. Students attending our upholstery classes have varied experience, some are new to upholstery and some have many years of experience. These courses are workshop format rather than classroom tutorials and all learning is "on the job" and very practical.
If the course block has already started it may still be possible to join. Contact Jan on 07951 741965 to discuss joining part way through a block of classes.
The weekly daytime and evening upholstery training courses run in blocks of 12 weeks in 2.5 hour sessions and run closely in line with local school term times. Students choose 1 or more sessions per week - e.g. Monday evenings for 12 weeks, or Wednesday morning for 12 weeks. Where possible we will be flexible on days to support those people who work varied shift patterns.
How to book on any course
For the one day footstool course: follow the Book Now link below. For all weekly courses please contact us via mobile or email or using the form below
For the weekly courses: to allow us to manage numbers please call Jan on 07951 741965 or submit the form on this page
In the event that a cancellation is needed this is our Refund Policy
Finding Manorhouse is quite easy – driving down Thorpe Lane from Almondbury village we are the first turn on the right approximately 100 yards down Thorpe Lane. The sign is for Thorpe Grange Gardens and immediately on the left is a driveway with a high stone wall on the left and a low stone wall with iron railings on the right. This short driveway leads to two gates. Drive through the entrance and Manorhouse is the first single storey building on the left. Copy and paste these coordinates into Bing or Google maps to find us 53.634019, -1.746241